During a client analysis session, many HCM reps focus on the specific requirements that their time-and-attendance module addresses—tracking overtime over 40 hours per week, handling shift premiums, etc.
This strategy used to work when clients had fewer payroll complexities to manage, but in this climate of compliance the most successful reps take a more complete review of the client’s current processes to uncover additional pain points. They challenge their prospects to learn more about why they’re doing certain things a certain way, then they show how their solution can get the business from good to great.
Win More Sales with IDI
IDI is based solely on giving your systems the power to do what other HCM systems can’t do. Our Time Bank™ solution lets you solve some of your customers’ greatest anxieties by:
- Helping them stay out of trouble with FLSA and overtime requirements
- Transferring data with a client’s existing system
- Automating internal policies that can’t be configured into your time or payroll systems.
With Time Bank’s proven integration solutions, you can help ensure your customers have peace of mind if they get audited instead of scrambling to find paper or spreadsheets to justify results.
How to Get the Most Out of IDI
To get the sale quicker and easier, here are some of the best practices for engaging IDI during your sales process:
- Contact our Sales Support consultants right after your initial analysis, once you know what the requirements are. We don’t need to be in on your initial analysis call, since not everyone will need IDI. When you’re ready to talk, contact us to discuss your account’s integration needs.
- Be ready to provide the following information to help us start the qualification process:
- Company Name. IDI has worked with over 25,000 companies since 1985. We may have worked with your prospect in the past and can tell you what we did for that company.
- Your system(s) and versions being positioned. Are you positioning time-and-attendance only, time, or payroll? Also, will this involve hosted or premise products? What are the version numbers of the connecting systems?
- The expected data flow where IDI is needed. For example, time to payroll? HR to another system? Other needs?
- Sample calculations, spreadsheets, policy docs, or any other details on what IDI will be needed to evaluate. Getting samples of what they’re doing today is critical for us to evaluate how we can help with an automated solution.
- Let us know where you are in the sales process so we know the urgency, price sensitivity and other factors.
- Tell us how many employees the company has. The size of the organization is a good indicator of the project’s complexity. Larger accounts typically require more conference calls, status meetings, training sessions, etc.
- Position the value that using IDI will provide to their organization. Although there’s a cost for the IDI solution, the cost of maintaining the status quo is a much more expensive option in the end.
After you provide the background information, an IDI Sales Support Consultant can help qualify your client’s needs and participate on conference calls or other discussions as needed to get to feasibility and expected costs for the IDI solution.
This Process Helps Close Sales!
Partner reps who use these 5 best practices have a significantly higher close rate because they:
- Establish credibility with the client that they understand their business needs and involve experts early in the sales process.
- Present costs for your solution and IDI fees presales vs. a post-sale fire drill.
- Propose a more comprehensive solution that addresses more pain points than the competition does.
- Want more great content to help close sales? Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Find out how Time Bank can keep your customers FLSA compliant.
- Thinking about partnering with IDI? Contact us!